Bernie sticks to the tried and tested



Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone insisted on Tuesday that he will continue to run the sport as he always has.
The 83-year-old is currently giving evidence before the London High Court into a case brought forward by German media company Constantin Medien.
The Ismaning-based company alleges that Ecclestone sold F1 to owners CVC in 2005/06 at less that its true market value in order for him to retain an executive role in the sport.
"I really don't know what limit anybody could put on my authority," said Ecclestone.
"I shall run the business the way I always have run it, with all the different shareholders that we've had, and the different companies, or whatever. And I will continue as I do today."
Ecclestone also testified during the four days of cross-examination that he recently agreed a high-value deal, although the details of said deal haven't been made public yet.
"I travel the world making business on a hand shake," he said when questioned about claims that he asked the sport's owners to publicly state that he wouldn't be dismissed from his position in 2004.
"And all of a sudden I'm no longer in any position to do anything, so who would want to accept my signature on a contract?

"I've just signed a contract now for 600 million-odd with people over the weekend. I can't do that if people think I'm going to be fired in the morning."