Alonso optimistic of Ferrari's chances

After failing to win the Constructors' Championship in the last five years, Ferrari "need to deliver" in 2014, according to Fernando Alonso.
The Maranello outfit last won the Drivers' Championship in 2007 with Kimi Raikkonen and the Constructors' Championship the following year, but have been struggling to compete with the likes of Brawn GP and Red Bull Racing ever since.
During that time, the two-time World Champion has finished as the runner-up in the Drivers' Championship on three occasions.
However, with the introduction of V6 turbo engines next year, Alonso is confident that Ferrari will be in a good position to once again challenge for top honours.
"I think no one in the paddock can point at one team saying that that team will dominate next year. It's a completely random choice," Alonso told BBC Sport.
"I think I'm in the best team to win next year and we will try to do so.
"We have new engineers and new designers coming in. We need to deliver and next year everyone in the factory feels that it's time to do that."
Furthermore, the 32-year-old Spaniard remains confident that he can add at least one more world title to his name before he retires, irrespective of his disappointing results since joining Ferrari in 2010.
"I still believe that I have many years in front of me to recover some of the championships that I could probably have won," the 2005 and 2006 World Champion continued.
"Inside, I still think that when I retire I will have more than two. I don't know how many but I will have more than two."